Thursday, November 18, 2010

Z Car Racing Team - Switzerland

Here is some more info on the car I posted yesterday.
295ps converts to 290hp.

Not bad for a 2800cc motor (L28).

I wanna know how they got it revving to 9800 rpm!!! That is unbelievable for an L-series motor.

Looks like the swiss know something I don't! (not surprised)




Nissan Fairlady Z (Datsun 280 Z Coupe)


Engine: 6 cylinder inline engine
Capacity: 2800ccm
Power: 295 hp
Maximum speed: 9800 rpm.
Torque: 350 Nm at 4800 rpm.
Acceleration: 0-100 mph in 4 seconds
Maximum speed: 250 km / h
Transmission: Speziall making H 5 speed short shift circuit (Datsun 280 ZX)
Diffrenzial: NISMO-mouth barrier
Chassis: Koni / Eibach combination with Speziallstabilisatoren by NISMO
Curb weight:880 kg
National Category: E1 (up to 3,000 cc touring car-free formula)
International Category: Group 4 GT cars up to 3,000 cc

7 comments:

  1. I'm thinking expensive spring/valves/retainers/etc. Those 10,000RPM springs from Kameari might do the trick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I find something new to buy everyday and today is no exception.

    Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 9,800RPM sounds nice, but personally I'm more interested in how they got it to handle so nicely. I mean, Konis and Nismo ARBs are not enough to make it stick as it does. I'm wondering what kind of geometry it runs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's crazy I had heard an L28 crank can only withstand 8500 rpms

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gotta be some crazy voodoo balancing going on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 0-100 mph in 4 secs , that must be a mistake !

    ReplyDelete