Monday, November 22, 2010

Hopes and Dreams...

Feeling the need to start major work on my Engine bay (thanks to inZane240's immaculate work).

I Started pulling parts.


First to go were the old brake master cyl. and brake booster.

From Z


The Clutch cyl.

From Z


The distributor, spark wires and ignitor were next.

From Z


Pulled the grille off.

From Z


And started to hook her up!

From Z


Jacked the hoist up until it lifted some of the weight off of the motor mounts.

From Z


I placed a jack under the transmission bell housing to lift the weight off of the tranny mount.

From Z


Then I unbolted and dropped the tranny mount.

From Z


Having the jack under the transmission just give you a little bit more control when going to lift the motor out. For one person it becomes necessary to quickly adjust the front load and rear load levels and this just helps a lot.

From Z


Going up!

From Z


Make sure you have enough ceiling height to pull a motor before you just go ahead and do it. I had JUST barely enough, but I had to lower the front end of the car to get the oil pan and transmission to clear.

From Z


Finally out!

From Z


HIYAA!

From Z


I just tossed the motor on the rug. (lol)

From Z


Also got to pull out the wiring harness.

From Z


And finally got under her to gut all the hard lines.

From Z


Piece of cake right?

From Z


Dirty.

1 comment: