Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Never easy...

This weekend was chaos. As most of you know I had a date with a local paint shop on Monday and had to sand through 9 inches of clear coat to get the car to where it needed to be in order to be painted. During this process I found several pieces that needed further body work and did the best I could to prep for that.

From Z3


Thank god my buddy Mauricio came over to help. I bribed him with steaks, beer, and Malt liquor 40s.

From Z3


We put in about 20 man hours in two days which I think is an awful lot. But we got the car looking nice and ready for the shop. Good thing I have friends who will work for large quantities of beer and meat. :)

So the day of the tow comes around and I am all nervous. Up until this point no one has ever touched my car without my direct supervision. The car has never been towed and I have never had a car towed. So the Tow guy shows up and is very nice and professional. Hooks up the car and rolls it up onto the flat bed with no issues.

From Z3

From Z3

"No dough, No tow." lol


Following him to the body shop I was so nervous I thought I was going to puke, and I never get nervous.

From Z3


Once we arrive I take a quick look at the car and everything looks good. No issues, dents scratches or anything and I let out a sigh of relief.

I turn to walk into the office and talk to the shop manager and I hear a bunch of yelling honking and then CRUNCH!!!!! My heart fell into my ass.

From Z3


The tow guy backed into a 5 series.

From Z3


Thank god my car was ok. I thought sure it was over.

From Z3


After about an hour and a half of reports, police, yelling, and insurance phone calls they finally let my car down off of the truck.

From Z3


It could have been much worse and I'm glad its over... For now.

From Z3

2 comments:

  1. Man i would have been nervous as hell too in your situation. looking good with your progress, i hope somehow my car will somewhen be able to get towed to the bodyshop / Paintshop.. always nice to check your progress :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks man. You keep up the good work and it will be there in no time.

    ReplyDelete