Thursday, August 9, 2012

Reality check

So last night Mike and Josh came over again to inspect my progress.


From Z3

Mike inspected my work very thoroughly and quickly let me know that I have many sleepless nights ahead of me.




From Z3

Evidently you cant have ANY of those little shiny spots you see up there on the roof. Sure I knew they would show up a little but I didn't know that they were going to be so bad for the paint.


From Z3

I am happy to say though that most of the car isn't too far off.


From Z3

I stayed up late last night figuring out how to eliminate the shiny spots on the panels and get them smoother. Every little dark spot you see is a tiny little valley that will collect metal flake from the metallic paint and will show up as a little dimple in the final paint job. Even though I have eliminated 90% of them, the last 10% still have to go.

Mike wanted to see me get one headlight bucket perfect and ready for sealer/primer last night. Just to get me familiar with what exactly it should look like.

Here you go man. As good as I could do.


From Z3

My girlfriend is taking off for the cape for a few days. That means I can spend every waking minute on the car. Good thing cause I'm going to need it. Deadline is Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment