Saturday, July 24, 2010

BYO Workbench!!!

Hey guys,

I've been dying to get a workbench into my garage since my first day in the house and today that becomes a reality.

I downloaded some free BYO Workbench plans from HammerZone.com. Cheap and Sturdy Workbench for around $20?? Yes please.

From Z


Pulled out my trusty electric drill. (No more Z car as a workbench lol)

From Z


Grabbed a pile of 2x4s. Lowe's cuts these for you and rarely charges you. Also makes it so you can fit an 8 foot long piece of wood in your girlfriends VW Golf (Thanks hun).

From Z


Here goes nuthin'!

From Z


I've seen worse.

From Z


And kablam!! She's done. With a few minor shortcuts of course.

From Z


Of course I couldn't leave well enough alone.

From Z


So I picked up a quart of Rustoleum truck bed liner.

From Z


Gnarly stuff. As black as my soul.

From Z


2 coats down and lookin' good!

From Z


Nice textured surface!

From Z


One warning though. This is one product that I WOULD NOT use in an enclosed area.
My garage was wide open the whole time I was using it and I SWEAR I saw an otter run under Emily's car... Probably not smart to operate heavy machinery afterward either.

No comments:

Post a Comment