Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Overall Interior Condition...

I've seen worse.

She came with a really awful sound system as you can see. Thankfully the Pioneer CD Deck was wired up correctly, and aside from the retarded mess of wires, some of them are of relatively decent quality.

I took a day and yanked everything out of the car, carpets, subwoofers, wires, screws, roadflares, etc etc etc. and tried my best to clean everything up.

Before:

From Z


From Z


With miscellaneous screws, zipties and dirt lying everywhere, I wasn't about to just go with a simple vacuum job. These baby's need a righteous shake out.

From Z


I found this underneath the hatch carpet. I think that this may have once been the previous owners pet raccoon. I gave her a proper burial... In the bushes.

From Z


Among the rubble I found some #2 pencils, a monkey wrench, and a road flare from the 70s! STINKY!

From Z


After pulling the carpets I was very pleased to find that the driver's floor was in very decent condition!

From Z


But the passenger side was a bit of a disappointment.

From Z


Looks like there maybe be a bit of a rust monster hiding under that sound deadener rubber. So after vacuuming and cleaning the carpets, re-routing all of the speaker wires, she cleaned up pretty nice!

From Z


As you can sort of see from the picture, I taped the speaker wires, ran them under the center console, and into the storage compartment (Ammo Box) behind the drivers seat.

Much better.

From Z


What rust???? :D

From Z

2 comments:

  1. nice job! looks super clean now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks man! I have a new carpet kit waiting for install, but I'm gonna beat the piss out of this one first. The list is looooong. :D

    ReplyDelete