Monday, January 24, 2011

New toys!

As if I need anything to further sidetrack my project. :)

From Dirty S30


So to make a long story short, a friend of a friend's father had this motor kicking around for years. He sold the house it was in and couldn't bear to see it get thrown away.

I was the lucky knucklehead to get it.

The story goes that it was built as a racing L24 motor.
Block was bored .030" over, 260z rods, 10.5:1 raised dome forged pistons, 3/4 Cam, and fresh valves and competition springs. All fully balanced and machined.

It also came with dual Weber downdraft carburetors with manifolds, and a 6-2 header. I say 6-2 because the 2-1 part is missing.

Supposedly when this motor was assembled the rods were installed backwards meaning the oil feed holes are on the wrong side.

I'm not sure how they know or why it was done like that, but I am going to take it all apart and figure it out!

I will post more pics later as this project will to take a back seat while I'm prepping my car for paint.

1 comment:

  1. Nice catch, man! What kind of head is on the engine? Would be interesting to see what kind of headwork has been carried out. 10.5:1 is pretty high comp as well. Be sure to post lots of pics!

    ReplyDelete