Friday, January 7, 2011

New Wheels for Tokyo Auto Salon - Gram Lights 57v

Mackin industries dropped these on their Facbook page yesterday and so far the reactions are very good.

Looks like they will be offering in a 15"x7.5" wheel with +0, +10, +45 offsets in 4-100/114.3 bolt patterns.

From Dirty S30


From Dirty S30


I think these wheels look downright sexy and I am very interested in the price tag as they will be a cast wheel as opposed to the forged (expensive) te37v. Heres hoping they are cheaper lol.

What do you guys think? Would you run these in 7.5"?
I would be more tempted by an 8 or 8.5 with a small negative 5 to 10 offset.

These are slated to be released at the Tokyo Auto Salon this year.

4 comments:

  1. They're not bad, but not beautiful either, quite similar to SSR Type Fs but with a bigger lip. I wonder what would they look like in bigger widths and lower offsets.

    I wish SSR did a reissue of the Longchamp XR4, like Enkei did with the 92 Mesh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting point about the similarity to the Type-F except with the larger machined lip.

    I knew they looked familiar but I couldn't put my finger on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://monkeymagic86.wordpress.com/2011/01/07/rays-te57v/

    220 euros = approx. $285/wheel. Definitely a lot cheaper than the TE37V, but I'm not really digging how it looks. Maybe with a fat lip I'd like them more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you comparing auto tires prices, it is important to fully understand the features of each tire under consideration so that the price comparison is fair. Tires For Sale

    ReplyDelete