Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Hard time

I've been a bit lazy working on the car lately since I've been having such a hard time finding the tires I want.



The BF Goodrich G Force Sport in 225/50-15 was supposed to be the perfect tire for my build.

But BF Goodrich has stopped manufacturing them with no specified date of starting back up. There is a huge backlog of orders for them so I doubt I'm going to be getting them any time soon.

If it comes down to it, I might just end up running some 215s or something which would suck.


Aside from that I have been piecing together my fuel system collecting parts from Summit racing, and doing a lot of research on fuel delivery configurations and fuel pumps and regulators.

Also, as many of you know, my clear coat went down super sloppy.

From Z2


Yuck.
So I am fixing it.

Wet sanding the whole car using 800 and 1000 grit and then respraying with the correct gun settings. My pressure was way off. But I will have a post regarding the clear coat respray later.

Till then I am going to be installing brake lines, fuel lines, and then refinishing my crossmembers and moving toward painting and installing the suspension system.

Just gotta get some of that motivation sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment