After repeated attempts to spray a decent clear coat, I have come to the realization that I need to skip it and move on.
I have the entire car sanded and ready for a final clear by a professional.
This paint job has seriously taken a bite out of my summer and I had to take a break from the car because of it.
But moving forward........
I picked up a set of 50mmx13mm extended studs from Touge Factory.
I like their style. They make a lot of their own parts and they are from Chicago.
Also, I have started refurbishing my wheel hardware.
As Cassio pointed out via comment on my last post, the wheels are three piece, but were welded together by the factory.
This means I can take all of the hardware out with little worry.
This will also allow me to polish up the wheel.
Following Brad's advice, I picked up a 5lb tumbler from Harbor freight. If you toss your rusty nuts in here with the proper abrasive, technically you should be able to remove the rust and get them looking good again.
Time will tell on that one.
I also was able to mount my fuel lines this past weekend.
With the help of my lovely girlfriend, I was able to get the feed and return lines mounted up along either side of the transmission tunnel.
As you can see I also found a couple of spots that need a little wire wheel action and some Zero Rust. :)
Thanks to Brad and Cassio for the help!
I am back in go mode on this build, so thanks to everyone for the motivating comments on facebook and the blog.
Means a lot.