Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Back to work

Finally pulled off the exhaust and cut out that GHETTO fuel line, zip ties and all.

From Z


One less fire hazard.

From Z


Got in my dirt cheap OEM replacement Brake master cylinder from RockAuto.

From Z


And my OEM replacement Re-manufactured Sumitomo 2-piston calipers.

From Z


I know a lot of people go with the 84 Toyota 4Runner brake upgrade because it is a 4-piston set, but just as many people say that the stock brakes were good enough up to approximately 300+ WHP. Since I am absolutely nowhere near that, I decided to see for myself.

I will be running the Sumitomo stockies on slotted and vented rotors with EBC green stuff pads, all new lines and cylinders.

We will see how she does, and make any further modifications and upgrades based on that as a braking performance base-line.

No comments:

Post a Comment