Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Brake shopping

Finally picked up a proper flare-nut wrench set from Sears yesterday and was able to blast my 40 year old brake lines off of my half seized calipers.

From Z


Only a few more hard lines to do before they are all 100% new.

From Z


The word on the street is that the stock 240z calipers were built to sustain much more horsepower than the car originally produces, eventhough it is only a two piston caliper.

From Z


That, paired with the weight/cost of a major brake upgrade has convinced me to replace with re-manufactured stockies.

Found a good source for stock replacement calipers and master-cylinders.
I will post them up if the transaction goes smoothly.

3 comments:

  1. You may want to check out MSA's budget 4 piston calipers. I have them and they are phenomenal:
    http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/PBC07/24-5700

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I have heard that those are great brakes. Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rocky auto has 4x4 4 piston clippers loaded with brake pads for $50ish bucks for the pair, and there is pretty much no modification needed to install them. It is the same as MSA but cheaper.

    ReplyDelete