Wednesday, October 27, 2010

L28: Started the Teardown

As usual I couldn't wait to start taking this thing apart.

Before I get it mounted on a stand I want to trim it down a bit.

Pulled the starter

From Z


I had no idea that these things interacted directly with the flywheel.
Makes perfect sense since it need to crank the motor. Why not use the huge gear on the flywheel (pictured) to make it easier.

After removing the started the tranny can be unbolted.

From Z


Mmmm greasy!

From Z


Now for the Fuel injection, intake manifold, and exhaust manifold.

From Z


From Z


Exhaust mani removed first.

From Z


This is what the exhaust ports on the N47 head look like. Those sleeves are supposed to help reduce emissions.

From Z


Remove the intake and FI.

From Z


Nice and Dirty!

From Z


Very interesting seeing all of this come apart in person. I have been looking at all of this online for so long that it feels eerily familiar.. like I have done it before even though I know I haven't.

Creepy.

Next is to get the clutch and flywheel removed and mount the motor on something more effective than a spare tire!

till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment